Welcome to our class page. We will update this page with class blogs, photographs and any important information.
Our Class Governor is Katherine Griffiths.
5H meet our class governor - 18th October 2018
Today we had a meet and greet session with our class governor: Mrs Katherine Griffiths. She came into 5H to tell us all about her role as a governor. The children had lots of questions for Mrs Griffiths, especially related to her day job as a podiatrist. We look forward to welcoming Mrs Griffiths into our classroom throughout the school year.
We are into our second week of addition and subtraction in our maths lessons. The children have been rounding to find approximate answers and have been using inverses to problem solve. All of the children in 5H have shown a great understanding of column addition and subtraction.
Our science topic this half term has been 'Forces'. The children have really enjoyed investigating a variety of forces such as: gravity, air resistance, friction and water resistance. They also had fun making their own pulley system. Have a look at our photographs below:
Things to remember:
- English homework is given out on a Friday and due back on a Monday.
- Maths homework is given out on a Tuesday and due back on a Thursday.
- Spellings are given out weekly every Friday. The children will receive 12 words (4 of which will be from the Year 5 key word list) and will be tested the following Friday. The children must continue to learn the Year 5 key words and these will be tested throughout the year.
- Children will have a school reading book and one library book, they are expected to read for at least 15 minutes each evening.
- In autumn 2, PE will take place on a Friday morning. Swimming will continue on a Thursday morning for the rest of the autumn term.