Welcome to our class page. We will update this page with class blogs, photographs and any important information.
Meet the Teacher...
Meet the Governors
Mrs Christine Flood
School Closure - Weekly Home Learning Plan
Please click on the home learning plan below. The document includes activities and links to support learning at home.
OPTIONAL EASTER LEARNING PROJECT
We know how hard you have been working over the last 3 weeks; children and grownups! We have put some ideas together to help keep you busy over the Easter Holidays. However, it is important to have a rest and try and treat the holidays as you would normally! Please find an Optional Easter learning project below.
Home Learning Summer Term 2020
Over the last week, there have been some new home learning resources produced by several different providers. The Department for Education have funded the production of Oak National Academy and BBC bitesize have also produced a home learning schedule. Both of these websites provide three daily lessons: English, maths and one foundation subject. Oak National Academy has lessons for all year groups from Reception and includes lessons (based on the specific year group objectives) taught by teachers that progress over the course of a week. The BBC bitesize website starts from Year 1 and the lessons are based upon specific objectives from each group (but do not necessarily follow on from each other).
The websites for these resources are:
Teachers will continue to provide weekly themed sheets on the school website and we will continue to update mymaths, Active Learn primary, TT rockstars, Purple Mash and spag.com.
Visit the Pearson's Active Learn website where you can access our Bug Club. Here we have allocated your child a selection of reading books for the book band they are currently on. Once they have logged in, if they click ‘My Stuff’ they will see the books that have been allocated to them. The log ins for this website will be sent via SeeSaw. Please listen to your child read as you normally would. Choose at least two books to read per week.
Remember to use your home journal codes to start creating your journals on Seesaw. The teachers can see what you are posting and share activities and announcements.
Welcome to our class page. I am really excited about the year ahead; we have lots of exciting topic planned. Please make sure you connect with SeeSaw our learning app. The children will be bringing home an invite for you to connect via your computer, tablet or phone. I will be encouraging the children to blog about their learning and look forward to sharing their work with you over the coming year.
Things to remember:
- English homework is given out on a Friday and due back on a Monday.
- Maths homework is given out on a Tuesday and due back on a Thursday.
- Spellings are given out weekly every Friday. The children will receive a word list linked to the spelling pattern and will be tested the following Friday. The children must continue to learn the Year 5 key words and these will be tested throughout the year.
- Children will have a school reading book and one library book, they are expected to read for at least 15 minutes each evening. Please sign the school reading record.
- PE kits must be in school every day. Swimming will begin on a Thursday morning and continue throughout the rest of the autumn term.